Why Queenstown blew me away!
I realize I’m talking about Queenstown again, but I just can’t stop myself since there are so many exciting things to do out in this part of the country that I just HAD to jot down a few
Relaxing by Lake Wakatipu – Grab some soup or gelato and go to the lake to spend an entire day. Lay on the grass, stretch your feet, close your eyes, breathe the fresh air and revitalize your soul. It is most likely, that at some point you will fall off to sleep but when you wake up, you will have realized that it was one of your best decisions to have taken this holiday.
Local Cuisine – Queenstown has come up on its gastronomical offerings and some of it is to die for
- Burgers at Fergburger (Double Fergburger with blue, swiss and brie cheese) (P.S. Open till the wee hours of the morning)
- Hearty meaty food at Cowboy QT
- Pies and Desert at Fergbaker
- Sandwiches and Burgers at Devil Burger
- Soup and Gelato at Lick Gelato and Slurp Soups
Underground Poker – Well technically Poker in Queenstown is legal. You may inquire at local bars because they do have pre-set days for certain places. Do not miss out on it because it is the best way to connect with the locals. FYI- if you do not mind the distraction, they have a poker day at the local strip club too.